Update by user May 18

I have been with Liberty Mutual since 2001.I called in February for a quote to add my 32 year old son to my policy.

He is a truck driver that visits me from time to time. The agent was having computer issues and instead of calling me back with the quote they added him to my policy. They managed to take him off after me calling them but added him again a couple of weeks later. Once my policy renewed in April they added him again without my consent and stole the money out of my account causing a financial burden for me.

Then they refused to take him off until I can show proof that he doesn't live with me when I didn't authorize to add him in the first place.I spoke with 2 agents on 5/17 and Eliza threatened to hang up on me so I hung up and immediately called State Farm and cancelled my auto and home insurance policies with Liberty.

Original review posted by user May 17

I have been with Liberty Mutual since 2001, Policy #AO2-258-486157-40.I also have homeowners and life insurance with them.

I added an additional car to my auto policy in December 2016. In February I inquired about adding my son to the policy, who is a truck driver and does not live with me, but sometimes would drive my car when in town. They informed me they would get back with me regarding the amount to add him as the agent was having computer issues. Instead, they added him without discussing the price with me.

I called and took him off my policy in March (when I realized they added him) as I could not afford the increased premium, which was double my original monthly premium. I was also coming up for renewal April 1, and raised my deductible to make sure the monthly payments were in my budget. Upon renewal of my policy on April 1, Liberty Mutual added my son back to my policy. My premiums are automatically deducted from my bank account and they took out the agreed upon payment of $396.41 but also noted a bill for $531.41 was sent to me on 3/31 (which I never received).

Apparently, this bill was sent as an email communication, which is not my preferred choice for receiving correspondence from them. I received another email on 5/16, letting me know my premium had increased and the amount of my next deduction. At that time, Liberty Mutual had already taken $795.58 from my account on May 1st and informed me my payments would be $660.58 from April 2017-2018 because they were obligated to add my son, who is 32 years old and does not live with me. I called and spoke with Paula initially and was then transferred to Eliza who said information was received from a 3rd party that my son does live with me and they could not remove him.

(Are you serious?). She then threatened to hang up on me after I said "***".

Imagine having your hard earned money taken without your consent (and causing other financial burdens) and let me know how calm you would be.After 17 years of being a loyal customer, I am shopping for new auto insurance today.

Review about: Liberty Mutual Insurance Auto Insurance.

I didn't like: Liberty is deceptive and teaching agents to be deceptive, Liberty and agents are thieves, Bait and switch.

Had an Experience with Liberty Mutual Insurance?

Comments